11 August, 2013

A new beginning...

Greetings... welcome to Hard Headed Humility!

I suppose that many things can be said when starting something new, probably most importantly the 'why' of it all. This medium of web journalism  I hope, is a new starting point in my service to Jehovah. That sounds lofty, even as I type it. However, I truly desire to be used by God in any way He sees fit. Those ways may not always seem comfortable to me, but I trust that if this blog is a result of His direction, He will give me the words.

God has used several people in His directing me towards this journal. It started with a dear lady, since gone home to be with the Lord, who encouraged me to write about a particularly significant event in my life. Then a friend, that I had not seen since middle school, who lost a family member and wrote a few posts that really hit home for me. Finally, but with no less importance, a friend who writes her own journal for His purposes and encouraged me to do the same.

The naming of a blog or web journal is always interesting to me, whether they be mine or belonging to another. I have struggled to think of a name that properly states my intentions. This reason, amid many, stonewalled me numerous times in creating a journal. This title then is more about me personally than what may be included in this journal.

Hard headed humility... when I was younger I was a know-it-all.  I never let being proven wrong by my father discourage me from believing I was right. As I grew older I became more assertive, and while that in and of itself is not a problem I tended to move beyond assertion to arrogance. Many of the lessons I have been shown over the course of my adult life have served to curb that arrogance. However, as the title of the blog indicates the skull is sometimes harder than it should be and the lessons take longer to learn than they should.

I hope to speak through this journal things that God is showing me in my life... and perhaps God will let those words be used in the life of another. At the very least perhaps God will use this time to show me new things in my life or reinforce lessons I am still learning. For now I leave you with this image, the dawning of a new day. God knows what He has planned for this space. 



Further more, God alone knows what each day holds for each of us. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope". (Jeremiah 29:11) The hope that God has given each of us in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Until next we speak...
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment